2. Where did you grow up? Columbia, S.C. born and raised
3. How long have you been doing CrossFit? I started doing CrossFit consistently since July. I would do a WOD here and there with a buddy of mine that is really into it.
4. What was your athletic background before CrossFit? I wrestled and played baseball and football in high school. I also wrestled in college for 3 years.
5. What do you do when you are not at Crossfit Wappoo? (occupation, hobbies, etc.)? II’m at School(The Citadel), or hanging out with my buddies. I don’t really have too many hobbies outside of working out. I like doing anything I can compete against someone, video games, spike ball, ping pong; anything. I’m also a part of the Charleston Campus Outreach Community.
7. When did you realize CrossFit is right for you? Probably after I got back from OCS this summer. I knew to have a successful career in the Marine Corps I couldn’t just lift or just do cardio I needed a combination that would improve my muscular endurance, and plus I was tired of just conventional lifting it gets boring after a while.
8. What is your favorite WOD/movement? I’m not the best at them but I think Ring muscle ups are just fun; anything squatting front or back, and favorite WOD probably Murph because its challenging but won’t kill you, and it was the first WOD I ever did.
9. What is your least favorite WOD/movement? Thrusters or wall balls I hate them both equally
10. What would your perfect WOD look like? Something with front squats, pull ups and a run or double unders.
11. What is one thing you have done at Crossfit Wappoo that you never thought you would do? I snatched 185 back in October I didn’t think I would be able to do that as early as I did. My goal was to hit it by February.
12. What motivates you during a CrossFit WOD? Just getting it over with or competing with the people I am working out with.
15. What has been your favorite moment since joining? Probably hanging out with everybody at the one year celebration.
16. What is something about yourself that we might not know? I wish I had some special talent or something to talk about but I don’t, unless eating Krispy Kreme doughnuts is considered a talent; I’m pretty good at that. My favorite bible Verse is Jerimiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” It helps to remind me that plans for my life itself are out of my control and that my purpose on earth is only for Gods plans and his glorification and however he wants to use me.
17. What advice would you give to someone just getting started with CrossFit? on’t rush into learning different lifts and movements focus on the technique of each one and take your time learning.