Here at CrossFit Wappoo we think the community makes the CrossFit experience more than the scientific definition of the CrossFit program.
To Us CrossFit is…
- A group of friends you are excited to see and workout with every day.
- An exercise program that will keep you engaged and excited…excitedly checking this website for the next workout of the day.
- A group of friends to help you push yourself physically beyond anything that you thought you could do, to accomplish goals you thought were impossible.
- Friends that will rejoice with you when you hit a new personal record and will also help you through a hard time…especially if that hard time is moving from a 4th story apartment.
- Lastly, CrossFit is a workout regime that will allow you to become healthier, fitter, and more confident you!
The official definition created by the founder of CrossFit is “constantly varied, functional movement, performed at high intensity.”
Greg Glassman, a former gymnast, founded CrossFit, Inc. in 2000. In his years coaching elite athletes, Coach Glassman found that the best way to achieve optimal fitness was not through specialization but rather through “constantly varied, functional movement, performed at high intensity.” In short, this means combining elements of Olympic weightlifting, gymnastics, sprinting, rowing and core conditioning to improve overall flexibility, strength, speed, endurance and agility.
“Constantly Varied” means that every day brings a different workout, incorporating any combination of these elements.
“Functional Movement” refers to maintaining the safest, most-efficient position to power through a movement. Much of what we do in our workouts prepares us for activities in our daily lives. CrossFit Wappoo will help keep you safe as well as maximize efficiency in everyday activities or sport.
“High Intensity” is a concept that at first can be difficult for new CrossFitters to grasp. Intensity is relative to the individual. People come here skeptical that a high-intensity workout, done in a fraction of the time as they are used to, can lead to faster, better results. But results don’t lie.
The beauty of CrossFit Wappoo is that we are all in it together, motivating one another.