Congratulations! You have already made the first step to realizing your true strength!
CrossFit Wappoo is a results driven training facility that prides itself on being welcoming, friendly, and suitable for all levels. Our coaches are professional, knowledgeable, and ready to help you accomplish your goals.
The very first thing you will discover at CrossFit Wappoo is that we do not discriminate due to fitness level. Whether you are 60 years old, training for a competitive sport, recovering from injury, or have trouble carrying a heavy bag of groceries…CrossFit Wappoo will help you achieve your fitness goals. One of the things that makes CrossFit Wappoo unique is our diverse community of people, much like James Island, we have members from every walk of life.
CrossFit Wappoo’s members come in every imaginable size, shape and age; and yet, our workouts are designed for anyone willing to work hard. Our coaches are masters at helping every individual scale a workout to allow each individual meet the relative intensity level for which the workout is designed to maximize their results. No need to be intimidated, we will never ask you to do more than you can do.
- Our mission at CrossFit Wappoo is to improve the health and fitness of our athletes through proven methodologies and safe strength based conditioning. Our objective is to help you accomplish your goals and realize your physical and mental strength.
Just as we expect all our members to constantly improve we always seek to improve ourselves as well; as athletes, coaches, and programmers.
- Our Philosophy is based on value. We provide value to you through sound and proven strength and conditioning principles that work for beginner and advanced athletes. We assure proper mechanics, technique and positioning to help you achieve your goals. We coach consistency in training, recovery and nutrition. When our coaches know you are ready, we add intensity. We are a commitment based community. Our coaches train hard to train you. We expect effort and determination from ourselves and our clients.
- CrossFit Wappoo will train you with motivation, intensity, and above all safety. We do not believe in gimmicks, short cuts, or the easy way out. We know we can help you become more fit and we do not consider injuries to be unavoidable. While we stress intensity we do not program for, or expect insanity. We consider recovery to be the most important aspect, while we may sometimes offer classes throughout the week we recommend taking at least one rest day a week.
- “Scalability” is a word that we live by and you will constantly hear preached at CrossFit Wappoo. During each group class, everyone does the same “workout or the day”, but that workout will always have several scaling options. This makes it possible for all our members , with our different levels of ability and personal goals, to work alongside one another safely and efficiently. We motivate one another, cheer one another on, and sometimes participate in some healthy competition. Ultimately, every workout is the individuals alone to conquer and overcome.
- At CrossFit Wappoo we pride ouself on our workout programming…we program using proven strength and conditioning methods. We build up our members and do not try to break them down. While CrossFit is described as “constantly varied” that does not mean random, we believe in beginning with an end in mind and that is how we program. Our programming produces results for clients of all types. Our master plan is to make you stronger, more conditioned and more efficient at movement that relates to everyday life. That doesn’t happen without a well designed program. Each day’s workout will be provided for you and it is scalable to suit your fitness level.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
We promise to offer a professional environment and knowledgeable staff dedicated to helping you reach your fitness goals. We promise to always challenge you so that your fitness level never becomes stagnant and you are never bored. We want you to be a part of our community, a community that will inspire and motivate you day after day – year after year.